This Resort Master Development Plan (MDP) provides a vision for the future of Crested Butte Mountain Resort (CBMR), as reflected in its management philosophies. It incorporates previous approvals at the Main Mountain along with adjacent private land development projects, new concepts for the Teo Park, Teo Drainage expansion area and Snodgrass Mountain, culminating in a comprehensive plan for a balanced, cohesive resort.
The ultimate goal is to create a year-round recreational experience that is appealing to guests of all ability levels, thereby attracting and retaining destination visitors for longer durations.
Prepared in compliance with the terms of CBMR’s Forest Service-issued Special Use Permit (SUP), this Resort MDP provides five main functions:
• Provide a thorough assessment of existing operations
and facilities (including constraints and opportunities) at
the Main Mountain.
• Summarize previously approved projects at the Main Mountain.
• Plan for future terrain expansion concepts in the Teo Drainage area and low-impact activities
on Snodgrass Mountain.
• Continue to plan and develop summer mountain biking and hiking programs as well as
other outdoor activities for increased use and enjoyment as a summer tourist destination.
• Comprehensively plan the year-round operational and recreational functionality of CBMR,
accounting for all existing previously approved upgrading projects on the Main Mountain.