Read this week's
Here are some tips to help you learn more about the lesson experience here at Crested Butte Mountain Resort!
Where to Go
- Adult group lessons meet at the base area between the Red Lady Lift and the Silver Queen Lift. Look for the tall, green “Ski and Ride School” flags.
- Children's group lessons meet outside of Camp CB (located in the Whetstone Building) near the magic carpets.
- Nursery meets inside the Whetstone Building.
What to Bring
Please arrive at your lesson with:
- Your lift ticket (try to find a place other than the main zipper on your jacket to attach it so it doesn’t hit you in the face)
- Lesson ticket – You will give your lesson ticket to your instructor at the beginning of the lesson
- Protective Eye Wear – Goggles, sunglasses, etc.
- Hat, gloves, neck gator/buff
It's important to dress appropriately for a more enjoyable lesson experience. Proper ski or snowboard attire, including appropriate base layers, warm socks, and waterproof clothing (including gloves) are all advised. Remember to dress in layers. Although it may be warm in the beginning area, the temperature will drop as you travel up the mountain. Drink plenty of water, eat a good breakfast, and be ready to have some fun! For children in Camp CB, we recommend parents label all of their ski clothing with their name.
Values of a Lesson
The best way to start if you've never been skiing or snowboarding is with the award winning staff of the Crested Butte Ski & Ride School. They know how to make you feel comfortable on the mountain, how to get you to the next level, and exactly where to take you based on your ability level. Learning from a pro makes for a fun, enjoyable experience. Check out our video below to learn more!