What's your next adventure?
Live, work and play in Crested Butte
Crested Butte is in the Gunnison Valley, in scenic Southwestern Colorado - the heart of the rugged Rocky Mountains where pure fun and simple life abound.
Our friendly 1880's Western and Victorian mountain towns are off the beaten path; if you are looking for something unpretentious, authentic and a stark contrast from the ordinary. You'll be happy you joined us in Crested Butte.
Crested Butte is best known for its historic town, the nightlife, fun, extreme terrain and excitement. When people think of Crested Butte words like: authentic, exciting, genuine, unpretentious, and fun come to mind over and over. Bustling with action, but laid back in attitude, Crested Butte is the perfect place to disconnect and reconnect with friends and family.
Check out the links on the left to learn more about living and working in Crested Butte. View all open job positions.
For more information, contact Human Resources at 970.349.4777. Send Email
Crested Butte Mountain Resort
PO Box 5700
Mt. Crested Butte, CO 81225HILIGHTED EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
VP of Lodging for Crested Butte Mountain Resort
Job Start Date: 9/19/2014
Job Type: Full-Time, Year-Round with excellent benefits including health, dental & 401K.
The VP of Lodging is responsible for oversight of all aspects of the entire resort lodging operation. This includes support and supervision of the Front Office Managers of each lodging location, as well as the Resort Chief Engineer, the Director of Housekeeping, Resort Laundry Manager and the Resort Security Department. In addition, this position also oversees the Mountaineer Square Communiity Association special events department. The VP is responsible for managing all aspects of the Homeowner Associations managed by CBMR, which includes preparation and management of operating and capital budgets, management of the short-term rental program and owner relations.
The VP works closely with the Group Sales, Marketing and Reservations managers on rate strategies, promotions and the lodging division online web presence to maximize occupancies and revenues. The VP also interacts regularly with the Director of Food and Beverage regarding the lodging culinary outlets.
Essential Job Functions:
- Financial oversight of all lodging departments including management of the budgeting process, cost-controls, staffing plans and forecasting.
- Active participation in the revenue management process to maximize yield and hit revenue targets.
- Ultimate responsibility for the affairs of all Homeowner Associations managed by CBMR. This includes fiduciary responsibilities, legal compliance, maintenance of each property, and management of the short term rental program.
- Daily supervision of the hotel operations, which includes the hiring, training and supervision of the FOM's, Director of Housekeeping, and Director of Resort Maintenance; implementation of hotel training programs; accountability for guest service standards; management of hotel finances; and adherence to all CBMR policies and procedures.
- Regular interaction with the Sales and Marketing teams regarding promotions, advertising, special events, and groups.
- Hiring, Training and Supervision of the Night Manager and oversight of the resort security team.
- Hiring, training and supervision of the Resort Laundry Manager
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in business or HRAD
- Microsoft Office - particularly Word and Excel. PMS systems
- CHA certification
- Minimum of 7 years of hospitality management experience with at least 5 years at the GM level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including public speaking.
- Spanish speaking a plus
FEATURED JOB AT OUR SISTER RESORT:
Terrain Parks & Pipe Manager
FULL TIME / WINTER SEASONAL
Okemo Mountain Resort has an opening for a Terrain Park and Pipe Manager. Responsibilities include the overall operation of the Terrain Parks and Pipes including the design, implementation, maintenance and daily inspections of the elements in the parks and pipes. This position is also responsible for coordination of all special events in the parks and pipes. Management duties include interviewing, hiring, training and scheduling of staff. Ability to ski or snowboard all terrain at an advanced level on the mountain is required. Candidates must have experience operating groomers, ATVs and snowmobiles. Candidates should also have strong verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to lead others and work in a team environment. This is a Seasonal Department Head position working from September through April. Benefits include 401K, Medical, Life and Dental Insurance, Sick Time, Flex Plan, Ski & Golf Resort Discounts and more. To apply complete and submit an online application with resume to: Okemo Mountain Resort – Human Resources, 77 Okemo Ridge Road, Ludlow, VT 05149, (802) 228-1963. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.