Eight Great Reasons to Visit Crested Butte this Spring
April in Crested Butte is Full of Events, Music and Sunshine
MT. CRESTED BUTTE, Colo. – March 15 – There is no shortage of snow at Crested Butte Mountain Resort as the final few weeks of the ski season come into focus. The resort has received over 300 inches of snow this winter and is 100% open with outstanding conditions. As recreationalists search for their last turns of the 2016-2017 winter season, there are plenty of reasons to make a trip to Crested Butte.
To celebrate the plentiful snowfall and quintessential Colorado bluebird days, April is the perfect time for Spring Butte. Here are eight reasons why Crested Butte should wrap up your winter season:
• There is more time for skiing. CBMR’s Closing Day is April 9, 2017, which means that there is a full additional week of skiing compared to the previous winter season.
• Nobody loves kids like Crested Butte. Children 12 and under ski free at Crested Butte Mountain Resort from April 1 – April 9, 2017. No strings attached, no parent ticket required, no lodging stay required, no advance reservations, no purchase of a bottle of wine (though it’s not a bad idea), just a good ole free ticket for the littlest rippers.
• Save big on lodging. Crested Butte Vacations is offering the End of Season BOGO promotion so guests receive one free night of lodging for each night purchased at The Grand Lodge, Lodge at Mountaineer Square, Plaza Condominiums and other CBMR Properties. This deal is available from April 1 – 9, 2017 and has no length of stay requirements.
• Come enjoy live music. Singer-songwriter and Grammy nominee, Hayes Carll, brings his eclectic sound to Crested Butte Mountain Resort for the finale of the free CB Unplugged Concert Series on April 1. Then on April 8, Trout Steak Revival shows off their impressive string skills in a free live concert at Butte 66.
• Bragging rights. In a winner-take-all, mass start, costume-clad, #onlyincrestedbutte style event, bikers on townies, mountain bikes or fat bikes will take on one another in the Winter Chainless Downhill Race. The winner will receive a Summer 2017 Season Pass to the Evolution Bike Park. In true Colorado fashion, this event is supported by Crested Butte Mountain Resort’s new “Colorado craft beer” partner, Odell Brewing Co. CBMR is proud to partner with Odell Brewing Co. to bring a quality, local microbrew to “Colorado’s Last Great Ski Town”.
• Save big on your lift ticket. On April 2, the resort is hosting Food Pantry Donation Day. Guests who bring three non-perishable, non-expired canned food items or one pack of diapers to the Adventure Center between 8 am – 12 pm will receive a $45 full day lift ticket valid for Sunday, April 2, 2017.
• Bigger, better, wetter, colder. CBMR’s new partnership with Margaritaville is taking the resort’s annual pond skim competition to a whole new level. Competitors and spectators alike will not want to miss the LandShark Pond Skim on Saturday, April 8, as the resort’s official “Island-style Lager” takes over the base area with palm trees and classic Margaritaville pizzazz in the heart of the Rocky Mountains.
• Fun in the sun. While there will be a lot going on in the base area throughout Spring Butte, the skiing and riding takes place on the mountain. It is time to get in those final runs of the season with family and friends at Crested Butte Mountain Resort.
About Crested Butte:
Nestled in the heart of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, Crested Butte is committed to preserving the pristine landscape and mountain lifestyle. With vibrant Victorian store fronts and expressive local characters, the small historic town remains true to its heritage and radiates an unparalleled welcoming and inviting spirit that celebrates a simpler life and time. Thanks to a widely diverse landscape, outdoor enthusiasts of all levels will find a new challenge with each visit. From world-class mountain biking, to legendary skiing and snowboarding, to a secluded fly-fishing experience, Crested Butte is one of Colorado’s best-kept secrets. skicb.com
For more information about Crested Butte's lodging, conference, meeting facilities, and special packages, call Crested Butte Vacations, (844) 993-9545 or visit the web site skicb.com/deals.