Member FAQ's and Procedures for 2011-12 ski season
Where do I pick up our season passes?
- If you have had a pass with a photo before, we will use that photo to create your winter passes and will have them ready for you when you arrive.
- If you would like to change your photo, you may do so at your convenience in the Season Pass Office in the Adventure Center.
- All Members can pick up their passes in the Mountain Club Office, located in the breezeway of the Lodge at Mountaineer Square.
Where do I pick up the guest passes?
- All Members can pick up their guest passes in the Mountain Club Office.
- Full & Generational Members can pick up their guest passes in the Club locker room if this is more convenient. Just let one of the Mountain Club staff know and we will accommodate you.
How do I RSVP for events?
- To RSVP for events, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the event you wish to attend and the number of people in your party, or you can call 970-349-4987.
- Please RSVP in advance to ensure availability and the best accommodations for you and your guests.
How do I RSVP for First Tracks?
- To RSVP for first tracks, send an email to email@example.com with the date you wish to attend and the number of people in your party, or you can call 970-349-4987.
- RSVPS should be in at least 24 hours prior to First Tracks, which means every Thursday morning by 8 am. Advance RSVP is very important for First Tracks since it is under the direction of ski school and we must ensure the proper number of instructors and lift operators for safety reasons.
- There is no charge for Members to attend; however, guests will need to be utilizing guest passes and purchasing a First Tracks pass for $35 per day. Please contact any of the Mountain Club staff for additional information on First Tracks and payment re guests.
Where do I find out about events, First Tracks rope drop notifications?
- All First Tracks event dates are posted to the event calendar on our website. We will also have weekly event handouts in the Club Locker Room.
- Event Highlights emails will be sent out periodically throughout the month as well, so be sure to keep your email address updated and check for new events throughout each month!
Does the Club provide childcare?
- Club Membership includes an exclusive discount of 20% at the Nursery in Camp CB.
- The Nursery Program is for children ages 2 months to 3 years.
- Advance reservations are highly recommended, as the Nursery Program only accepts a certain amount of kids per day.
- Copies of vaccination records are required to take advantage of the Nursery Program.
- For children over 3 years of age, the ski lesson credit included in the membership can be used for the Camp CB Ski Programs. Children must be potty trained for these programs.
- The Club and Camp CB can also provide names of local babysitters.
Who should I contact to book our flights?
- Michele Schmidt, the Club’s Travel Concierge, is available to help you and your guests with all of your travel needs. She has access to the best airfares and travel packages. Whether you’re in need of tickets, lodging, ski lessons, spa or dining reservations, she’s here to help. She can be reached by phone at 970-349-2375 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can book our dinner and activities for us?
- Any of the Mountain Club staff can assist you and your guests in booking dinner and activities. Call the Club phone at 970-349-4987 and someone will be available to assist you, seven days a week, 8 am - 5 pm during the season.
What are the Club discounts this year?
- Members receive a 15% discount on food and beverage, excluding alcohol, at all CBMR restaurants.
- Members receive a 15% discount on rentals, demos, full tunes and repairs at all CBMR retail/rental outlets.
- Each membership also receives 5 free demos per season
- ID card/pass will need to be shown
- Upon request, a complimentary buff wax will be provided at CB Rental & Demo or at Elevation Ski Valet; skis must be identified with a Club sticker to receive the wax.
- Members receive a 15% discount on daily golf fees, driving range and cart fees at The Club at Crested Butte.
- Members receive a 15% discount on any spa treatment at the Elevation Spa if a spa voucher is not used.
- Members receive a 5% discount on the Zip Line Tour at CBMR
How do we access the Adventure Park and tubing hill?
- Adventure Park access will be included on your Mountain Club lift pass; this is the card with the bar code.