Thank You 2017-18 Winter Staff!
We recognize an incredible season would never be possible without our amazing staff. Below are a few astonishing facts that our employees achieved during the 2017-18 Season.
- 18,000 pairs of skis and snowboard rentals were adjusted
- Our talented snowmakers gave mother nature a helping hand by putting in nearly 7,000 hours turning water and cold air into snow
- 13,290 pounds of French fries were cooked to golden perfection and served up as the ultimate on-mountain snack
- Approximately 10,000 hours of ski and snowboard lessons were taught turning new skiers and riders into lifelong winter sports enthusiasts
Reaching these benchmarks is only possible when our employees give the extra 1% - or as we like to call it, by delivering “The Crested Butte Difference”.
Each month, we gather to celebrate the Peak Performers at our company. During the 2017-18 season nearly 200 employees were recognized at four separate events. Below are just a few examples of our stand out employees. Congratulations to all of this season’s Peak Performers!
- Karen Fowler, Conference Services Manager: Her commitment to this resort is legendary; she often pitches in to help several departments beyond her own in one day to assure our guests have the best possible experience.
- Brody Sellers, Bellman: Our lodging division has many talented people working hard every day, and Brody is definitely one of them. Hired as a bellman, you can catch Brody working housekeeping, front desk and even doing some light maintenance work! He is at his peak when he’s learning new tasks and interacting with our guests.
- Jeff Loftis, IT Department: Jeff has developed a reputation for getting things done “all day long”. He is the physical embodiment of the phrase, “team player”, Jeff is the guy you want around in an IT emergency. His energetic, “can do” attitude is contagious in his department and throughout the resort.
- Danny Davis, Lift Ops: Danny has been a guest service superstar all season. He recognized the importance of having more staff on duty during spring break and volunteered to work more shifts to keep lift lines down and chairlifts full!
We at CBMR are so thankful for our rockstar employees! We can’t wait for another winter of deep pow, big smiles and high fives! Only 217 days until the winter 2018-19 Opening Day, November 22!