Summer Adventures Start June 9!
While summer doesn’t officially start until the solstice on June 21, Crested Butte Mountain Resort (CBMR) opens for the summer season this Saturday, June 9. The Red Lady and Silver Queen Express lifts start spinning at 9:30 am, whisking hikers and bikers on unforgettable adventures including biking, hiking, archery and disc golf (or just enjoy the gorgeous scenic lift ride up and down). Restaurants and retail stores will also open to kick off another awesome summer at the resort, serving up delicious food, cold drinks and the latest summer fashions.
The Evolution Bike Park opens with 100% of trails accessible, ensuring there’s a trail for riders of all abilities, from beginner to expert. CBMR’s upper mountain access hiking trails will also be open, including the famous Peak Trail that climbs to the 12,162-foot summit of Mt. Crested Butte.
Below is a list of the exciting activities!
- The Evolution Bike Park features over 30 miles of lift-served single track connecting to over 750 miles of world class mountain biking trails.
- Adventure Park is fun for the entire family! Fly high on the Powerade Bungy Trampolines, tackle the Rock Climbing Pinnacle, challenge the Flying Gopher Miniature Golf course, take a leap the jump off the Coke Zero Gravity BagJump and mine for hidden treasure at the Tin Cup Mining Co.
- On-mountain 10-3 Disc Golf Courses (Long and short courses)
- 3D Archery Course and sight-in range.
- Scenic Chairlift Rides on the Red Lady or Silver Queen Express
- Fly through the trees on an adrenaline inducing zipline tour
For a full list of open trails and summer hours, visit ridecb.com/lifts.
With all that heart-pounding, awe-aspiring adventure make sure to stop in and nourish your body and spirit at these yummy dining spots on-mountain and around the base area:
- Umbrella Bar at Ten Peaks: drive, hike or bike to 10,150’ and Crested Butte’s only umbrella bar and deck with spectacular mountain views. Take in the scenery while you get a bite to eat, tip back a craft beer or specialty cocktail and soak up the sunshine. Located on-mountain at Crested Butte Mountain Resort and accessible via the Evolution Bike Park and resort hiking trails.
- Butte 66 Roadhouse Bar & Grille: hand-crafted smokehouse specialties, hearty salads, roadhouse-style burgers. Delectable milkshakes for adults and for the whole family. Enjoy our expansive, sunny deck or enjoy the views from inside with floor to ceiling windows.
- Jefe’s Mexican Eatery: Come and join us on the patio por favor! Freshly made Mexican fare & margaritas
- The WoodStone Bar & Grille: enjoy our mountain casual Italian dining and family fare. Featuring custom stone oven pizza and pastas with our signature marinara sauce. Play some billiards on our open table! Cocktail service for Grand Lodge guests to the swimming pool and hot tub.
Don’t miss Crested Butte Mountain Resort this summer!